Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Learning Continues...

Over the past two years since I started selling my art I have been forced to face my fear of the unknown and learn how to do things I never thought I would do. It occurs to me that things like using widgets (created with widget builder tools on selling sights) or creating unique listing templates are things that not so long ago were totally alien to me.

I am rather proud of the fact that I am doing things once unknown. My art is evolving and so is my confidence in my own abilities to market my work. As much as ebay forces artists to under value their work it does provide a great learning platform for beginning artists. There you will find a fantastic community of supportive and experienced artists who are very happy to help a newbie in their world learn the ropes. Through ebay I have gained a network of friends and a level of exposure that few other sites offer. As I move on to selling through other sites I will continue to list on ebay where I feel at home and I have a small following of the greatest fans collecters an artist could wish for.

No comments:

Post a Comment